Parents of Juniors and Sophomores: Please plan to attend the Thursday, Oct. 2nd Counseling/College & Career Readiness Night in the library from 6 to 7 p.m.
On October 15th, students in every high school in Fort Bend ISD are going to participate in assessments that will assist them in preparing for college and/or a career, at no cost to you.
· 9th grade students will take the PLAN (pre-ACT) assessment. You can find information about the PLAN and a sample test here: http://www.act.org/products/k-12-act-plan/
· 10th and 11th grade students will take the PSAT (pre-SAT) assessment. You can find information about the PSAT here: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/about.html
EHS Sophomores and Juniors will receive a PSAT study guide and practice test.
· 12th grade students will take the ASVAB, a career interest inventory. You can find information about the ASVAB, a study guide and a practice test here: http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab
EHS students have been registered for these assessments and all costs have been paid by FBISD.
EHS will be in testing mode the entire morning of the 15th, periods 1 - 4. Students will be released to lunch as usual at 5th period and will attend their regular 6th and 7th period classes.
Hello Elkins Knights, Please sign-up to be the 1st to know about and sign up for scholarships, college campus visits, college field trips, and college and career applications workshops.
This year the Elkin’s High School College & Career Center will be utilizing Remind to send updates about important information concerning college exploration and readiness.
To sign up for Elkins High School notifications, please visit
Introducing Naviance Family Connection -- FBISD’s new course, college & career information online tool
Family Connection is Fort Bend ISD’s new online tool to help students, counselors, and parents communicate course information and college and career options in a quick, easy, and effective system.
Students Will Be Able to:
1. College Search
2. Add colleges to their quick lists
3. Gain scholarship information
4. Request online to send transcripts
5. Complete a career/personality test
6. Compare colleges by price, size, majors, location, test scores etc.
7. Build a resume
8. Teachers and counselors can send recommendation letters electronically
9. Gain career knowledge
10. Access “Roadtrip Nation” that shows career interest videos
How do students login and gain access? To log into Family Connection, type: http://connection.naviance.com/leehs Student username & password are the FBISD computer log in username & password.
Students: Change gaggle e-mail address to personal e-mail address
1. Click on Manage my account
2. Under “official things”: click on profile
3. Click on the pencil icon next to your Gaggle email address
4. Change the email address to the one that you check on a daily basis
5. Click Update
Parent information: Naviance Info. Night for Elkins HS will be held on September 15th. , 4:30-7:30pm @ Hightower HS.
At this time, parents do not have logins, but the district has projected that user names will be distributed to parents by early to mid September. We are excited to bring you this new communication tool that will serve as a “one stop shop” to college and career planning.
Please see the attached flyer for more information and details!
Demetria Howard A-Da
Click on Diploma for Helpful Websites for Seniors